Sunday, November 11, 2012

Shrimp Scampi

OK - This is beyond easy and as long as I have lemon juice in the house, I usually have the ingredients on hand.  I mention the lemon juice because apparently I tossed my bottle that I had in the fridge after Superstorm Sandy and I had to run my hubby out to the store to pick up some more.  That's something I ALWAYS have here.  LOL  I got the recipe from our newspaper, Newsday, years ago and I usually triple it just because we're a big family who loves this stuff.

Shrimp Scampi

3 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. white wine
1 tsp. dried parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 lb. cleaned shrimp

Place oil, butter, wine, parsley, garlic and lemon juice in a large frying pan and cook over medium heat, stirring often for 1-2 minutes.  Add shrimp and cook through until pink, about 3 minutes.  Serve over cooked pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment