Friday, March 4, 2016

Freezer Teriyaki Chicken

I can't find where I found the original recipe but I think it was over at New Leaf Wellness.  This is a recipe that you put together the ingredients ahead of time in a freezer baggie, freeze it and then when you need it, pull it out, thaw and dump it in the crockpot.  I wasn't too sure about this but it came out GREAT and the flavor was fantastic.  At the first bite, there were exclamations of joy from my family so this one is a keeper!!

Freezer Teriyaki Chicken

6-8 boneless chicken thighs
1 cup teryaki sauce
1 cup water
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 cloves garlic
a few slices of ginger

1.  Add all ingredients to a gallon freezer bag.  Freeze.

2.  Thaw overnight in refrigerator.

3.  Add to crockpot.  Cook on low 4 - 6 hours.

* This makes a LOT of sauce but it helps to keep the chicken moist since it sits in the liquid.  You can use the sauce on rice or over veggies if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment