I found this...somewhere - oh wait! I found it! It was on Good Cheap Eats! I had it in my recipe folder for a few weeks but decided to try it and I'm glad I did! SUPER easy to put together and it was rated a very high 9.5/10 by the family and that says a lot!! It is a pad thai knock off that is inexpensive and quick to put together.
PEANUT BUTTER CHICKEN
scant 1/3 cup rice vinegar
generous 1/3 cup vegetable oil plus 2 Tbsp.
2 Tbsp. peanut butter (can use almond or sunflower seed butter)
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 tsp peeled grated ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
16 oz. linguini or thin spaghetti pasta
1 medium carrot, shredded
2 chicken breasts, chopped
1 cup chopped green onions (you can get by with less but make them bigger chunks)
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Whisk together the vinegar, 1/3 cup oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger and red pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
3. While the pasta is cooking, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil until very hot. Cook the carrot for 1 minute. Add the chicken and green onions to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until chicken is cooked
4. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce and cilantro. You may toss the chicken in as well, but we like to serve it atop the noodles. Otherwise the chicken drops to the bottom and is not evenly distributed.
5. Serve this dish hot or at room temperature.